As the Head of Brand, you will oversee and guide all global brand messaging, positioning, and strategy for Vention across multiple channels. These channels include: advertising, content creation, and public relations, with the objective of supporting Vention's growth targets, while positioning the company as a leader in Engineering and Software Development as a Service category.
This role serves as the guardian of the Vention brand and works to implement a consistent voice, tone, and message across all global Vention sales and marketing materials. The individual who fills this role is a specialist with the ability to manage cross-departmental projects and teams in locations around the world. This role reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
We are looking for a candidate who has the rare ability to think both qualitatively and quantitatively, is a natural storyteller, is excited by data, and who is eager for the challenge that comes with evolving a brand in a crowded category.
- Develop a deep understanding of all things Vention and persuasively communicate who we are – our brand, story, culture, and products – inside and out
- Refine marketing projects,
i.e.: customer-facing communications, content marketing, and advertising creative to ensure a consistent brand experience (tone, look, and feel)
- Consult on editorial and influencer strategy for content development across all global channels, including the blog and social media (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, Reddit, LinkedIn)
- Expand image, copy, and video for all channel advertising that engages and converts
- Along with the PR Director, craft and execute the company’s PR strategy roll out campaigns that attract consumer media coverage that amplifies our brand messaging, including events and corporate responsibility programs
- Develop brand strategies to promote the Vention brand and amplify user growth
- Manage projects across multiple departments and work with multiple stakeholders and writers to ensure complementary messaging across products and channels
- Develop and report on Objectives and Key Results, targets, and planning
- Manage a specific Brand budget as part of the Marketing department
- Lead the inherited fully functioning Brand team of 10+ people
- 10+ years of brand/communications/editorial experience for a consumer brand
- A proven digital storyteller
- Excellent verbal and written communication, editing skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to comprehend and communicate concepts simply
- Ability to quickly grasp issues, simplify messages, and position issues using various channels
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at different levels of an organization and across business units and industries
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Self-motivated and independent with the ability to lead and build your own projects
- Experience leading, mentoring, and managing a global team
- Understanding of managing a departmental budget
- The role is hybrid with being in office 1 – 2 days per week in NYC
Vention is a New York-headquartered custom development company with 20+ offices across the globe and access to 3,000+ engineers. For over 20 years, we’ve been developing state-of-the-art software for trailblazing startups including Classpass, Freshly, Bevi, Brex and large-scale businesses such as Mount Sinai, Yale School of Medicine, PwC, StreetShares, Pendo, Grubhub, and Brex.
Our vision remains unchanged since day one: we strive to be the first choice for the most sought-after talent, clients, and partners. For that reason, Deloitte, Global Outsourcing 100, Stevie, IAOP, Inc. 5000, and Financial Times have repeatedly recognized us among the world’s fastest-growing premier technology companies.
Our culture is rooted in the belief that ongoing growth benefits employees and the company alike. Because of that, we offer:
- Personalized career development: An individualized approach to career development, tailoring growth plans to every role
- Cross-departmental collaboration: Work with diverse teams for a holistic understanding of the tech industry
- Access to corporate soft skills development & training: Attend engaging webinars and courses to nurture your skills
We also offer:
- 100% health insurance (including family plans), dental and vision coverage, and FSA/HSA options
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- 9 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- 2 weeks vacation in the first year; accrual rates increase over time
- 1 week winter break
- 2 volunteer days
- Employee assistance program
- Insperity marketplace
- Peloton membership
Salary ranges start from $140,000 gross to $170,000 gross. The final compensation will be determined based on your specific skills and experience.
Engineer your success!